What to do if you find a leak?

The responsibility for repairing leaks depends on the location of the leak. Any leak on the consumer side of the connection (boundary box or stopcock) is the responsibility of the consumer. In this case you will have to contact your plumber to solve your leak. The water mains up to the consumer connection is the responsibility of Wicklow County Counciland Irish Water.

If you suspect that there is a leak in the public system contact Irish Water on 1890 278278 or alternatively complete the online form on www.water.ie

Note at present, irish Water can only forward information to Wicklow County Council during office hours. Major public water leaks are identified 24 hours a day through automatic systems and alrms. We hope to have an out of office service for minor leaks in the near future.