WE’VE MADE SOME CHANGES…
As and from 24th March 2017, all public libraries will operate as a single shared system.
In the single shared system anyone with a valid public library card from any library authority in the country can reserve and borrow items from all library services in the country.
Items are collected and delivered between libraries on a twice-a-week basis, so once a reserved item is available it should arrive in your local library within a week.
*Currently we cannot borrow items from Cork City Libraries and Westmeath Libraries
SPRING INTO STORY-TIME
Spring into Story-Time is a national story-time initiative in public libraries which is running during the month of April. It celebrates the importance of families reading together and sharing stories.
During April, public library services around the country are championing their children’s story-time sessions and invite children and their parents/carers to join in and experience the joy of lots of exciting tales! The sessions are completely free of charge.
As well as the enjoyment of the story-time sessions, stories and reading also help children to further develop their creativity and imagination. Story-times are a fun activity that also support children’s concentration and communication skills.
For more information regarding these sessions, please check our Facebook events for story-times around the county.
Support for Business and Employment at Arklow Library
Are you looking for a job or to change your career?
Are you thinking of starting your own business?
Come and talk to the Work Matters team at Arklow library who will point you in the right direction.
What Can We Offer
- Free library membership
- A range of books, magazines, newspapers and online resources to help you research
- Access to PCs, free WiFi, printing and photocopying facilitiies
- Online catalogue to browse and request items free of charge
- Free access to over 500 e-learning courses
- Online language learning
- Expertise of the library staff who are here to help you
Some Useful links
WE’RE MAKING SOME CHANGES…
Public Libraries in Ireland are working together to create one joint library catalogue, using a shared computer system.
In this phase of the project, Wicklow Libraries, along with other library services around the country, are introducing this new computer system and making some changes which will help us provide a better service to library users.
- It will be easier to search and request items, and get recommendations, using the new shared library catalogue.
- You will have a much wider range of books and other items to choose from.
- You can borrow a maximum of 12 items (including DVDs) for 3 weeks from any branch of the participating public libraries.*
- You can reserve up to 12 items at no charge.
- You can return your books and DVDs to any branch of the participating library services.*
- We will send you a reminder, by email, to let you know that your books and DVDs are due back, that items you requested are ready for collection, and to let you know about library events.
- You can reserve and renew books and other items 24/7 using our online service.
- You will be charged a fine of five cent (€0.05) per day per item not returned or renewed on time.
- You won’t need to get a new library card but we ask you to bring your card with you each time you visit the library – this will help you get the most out of our new system
- There may be some teething problems as we introduce our new computer system and make these changes – please bear with us!
*The library services are Clare, Donegal, Galway, Kerry, Kildare, Limerick, Louth, Mayo, Meath, Tipperary, Waterford, Wexford and Wicklow.